High-Performance 3 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Leading MRI Device with High‐precision Inspection
What is MRI?
MRI stands for “Magnetic Resonance Imaging”.With MRI examination, patients are placed in a tube with strong magnetic fields. The weak magnetism of hydrogen atoms in the human body is stimulated by the strong magnetic field. During this process, the hydrogen atoms in the body produces signals that can be measured by a computer. With these signals, tomographic images of the body can be created.MRI can produce great images of the brain, spine and limbs. Also, lesions found in organs within the pelvic cavity, such as the uterus, ovaries and prostate glands.
Feature of MRI
- Unlike CT scan which utilizes radiation, patient do not need to worry about radiation exposure.
- MRI performs well with the diagnosis of stroke, brain tumors and lesions around the brainstem.
- MRI can take tomographic images from various angles.
- Blood vessels and affected areas can be visualized without using a contrast medium.
- By implementing the most advanced device, the examination time is shortened.
- Patients are requested to stay still as much as they can since the technology is very sensitive to movement.
- Since it uses a strong magnetic field, bringing metallic objects to the examination room is prohibited.
What Kind of Conditions Can MRI Detect?
- Head (strokes, brain tumors, head trauma/external injuries and vascular lesions)
- Spine (herniated discs, external injuries and bone fractures)
- Spinal cord (tumors, inflammations and degenerations)
- Cervical area (tumors and inflammations)
- Blood vessels (vascular lesions)
- Abdominal area (cancers of liver, gall bladder, pancreas, kidneys and adrenal glands)
- Pelvis (uterus, ovaries, gynecological lesions, bladder cancer and prostate cancer)
- Bone (joints and ligaments)
- Joints (soft tissues)
About Our MRI Devices
About Ultra High Field 3 Tesla MRI
Ultra High Field 3 Tesla MRI is equipped with the most advanced MRI technology. Tim4G (4th generation Total Imaging Matrix), which provides up to 204 coil elements, has been added. In addition, a Dot engine (Day optimizing throughput), which changes the operation environment of MRI, has been added.It is easy to operate and enables to acquire high resolution imagery. This is the ideal aspect of MRI technology in the near future.
- Completely digitalized RF <Direct RF>
- All transmitting and receiving components of RF are digitalized, therefore, the loss of the signal is reduced and it enables to obtain high S/N ratio.
- Multi-channel transmission <TimTX>
- Using a 2-channel Transit Array, the machine controls the excitation (RF) and is able to create a higher homogeneity of RF distribution.
- Ultra-high-density coil configuration <40ch/FoV>
- Coil elements that cover all FoV is unprecedented with 40ch. It allows to provide a high spatial resolution and temporal resolution.
- On-board guidance function
- Dot provides on-board guidance for each examination. On the display, Dot guides the optimal setting to the users.
- Personalize function
- Dot can set parameters accordingly to each patient while memorizing their parameters.
- Automated function
- Dot will automatically set the most optimal settings. For example, with dynamic imaging of the abdominal area, just by entering the time the patient must hold their breath, Dot can set the optimal parameters for the imaging.
About Departments/Centers that Implements MRI
*The following departments/centers offer treatments and examinations with MRIThe specialists whom are currently offering medical care are introduced on the home page of each department.
Neurosurgery, Urology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Diagnostic Radiology, Health Screening Center,