Life During Your Stay
1.About Putting on a Name Wristband
In part of providing a safe medical care, we ask all patients to wear a name wristband. Using wristbands as a method of identifying individuals have become common in many medical institutions. This practice prevents medical accidents, such as treating and examining a wrong patient. We thank everyone in advance for their understanding.
- Who Has to Put on a Name Wristband?
- All inpatients
- How Long do Patients Have to Keep it on?
- Patients will have the band from the time of admission to discharge. In case the band gets dirty or ripped, please let the floor nurse know so they can assist in replacing it.
2.About Nurse Calls
The nurse call button is equipped on every bed. Please press the button to call the nurse when you need help. Please press the button and start speaking after the nurse's response. There will be no response from the nurse for calls received during night time, but they will visit your room directly.
3.About Televisions, Laundry Machines and Refrigerators
- Please purchase your television card to watch TV. The vending machine for the cards are located by the After-hour Entrance. When you watch TV, please use earphones in consideration of other patients. Earphones can be purchased at the convenience store located on the 1st floor. Please use the fare adjustment machine located in each Day Room for the payment.
- Laundry Machines:
- Washers and dryers are located on each floor in the Laundry Room. If you would like to use them, and if you have any questions, please ask one of our clerks at the nurse's station for instructions. Please write your name on your laundry. Also, please note that we do not take any responsibility for theft or lost items.
- Refrigerators can be found by the bedside table.
- Time of Meals:
- Breakfast is at 8:00AM / Lunch is at 12:00PM / Dinner is at 6:00PM
Based on the doctor's direction, our dietitian creates a menu in consideration of the patient's caloric intake. Since every meal is prepared based on the patient's caloric intake, as a general rule, please refrain from bringing food from the outside.
- Bathing Time:
- 10:00AM - 8:00PM
Bathing and showering requires permission from your doctor. Please use them once obtaining permission.Please let your nurse know when you take a bath or shower.A Bathing Rooms can be found on every floor.
6.Time When Lights are Turned Off
Lights are turned off at 9:00PM.
7.About Day Leaves and Overnight Leaves
If you are going out of the hospital, or staying out overnight due to an inevitable reason during your hospitalization, please ask your doctor for permission. Please get permission from your doctor through a nurse and fill out the given documents.
*You are prohibited from leaving the hospital or staying outside the hospital without permission.
8.About Consulting Other Medical Institutions During Your Hospitalization
As a general rule, consulting other medical institutions during your stay is prohibited.If you consult other medical institutions without permission, please be advised that medical expenses may not be covered by insurance.However, if you must consult a doctor outside the hospital, please talk to your attending doctor.
9.About Personal Caretakers
In principal, your personal caretaker from outside the hospital are not necessary. (Except for pediatric patients)
10.About Visiting Hours
Weekdays: 10:00AM - 8:00PM (Same for Sat, Sun, and holidays)
"Since we think it is important for patients to spend time with their families, we welcome families visiting during the hours which would not bother other patients. However, we are very strict with our visiting hours and no visitors will be allowed on site after 8:00PM. If there is an emergency, and if visitors wish to meet the patients after 8:00PM, please consult with nurses.Please note that different hospital wards have different restriction regarding visitations.
- To maximize the rest of the patients during their stay, please refrain from visiting them for long hours.
- We cannot accept visits during treatment.
- Please refrain from visiting with a group of people or with small children.
- Please do not bring food and drinks while you visit. If you would like to bring them, please ask the nurse.
- There are meeting rooms on each floor. If the patient you are visiting is staying in a room with four beds and is able to move, please use the meeting room.
11.About Transferring Wards or Rooms
Regardless of the time, night or day, there are cases where patients are asked to transfer from their room or ward. Cases may include emergency hospitalization, a patient's condition and convenience of a room. Furthermore, we apologize for the inconvenience with the personal or medical circumstances of roommates, such as snoring, tooth grinding, talking during sleep, changing diapers, using portable toilets and suctioning. We appreciate your understanding.
12.About Using Cell Phones
Cell phones may cause electromagnetic interference on medical electronic equipments, which may result in mechanical error. Please refrain from using cell phones in prohibited areas. Mobile phones which hospital staff are using are dedicated for use in the hospital and do not cause electromagnetic interference.
The hospital cannot keep valuables, including accessories, and money for you. Please do not bring valuables and large amount of cash with you to prevent them from theft and going missing. Please use the safety box in the bedside table. Please note in case of theft or loss, we do not take any responsibilities.
14.About the Hospital Shop
There is "Lawson Suita Tokushukai" located on the 1st floor.Things necessary for hospitalization can be found in this store.
- Operating hours:
- Weekdays: 8:00AM - 8:00PM / Weekends and Holidays: 9:00AM - 6:00PM
General time for discharge is 10:00AM.Please make sure that you have all your personal belongings with you when leaving the room. Also, please note that in case you do not contact us within a week from your discharge regarding lost items, any items left behind will be disposed.We will check for the TV remote and the safety box key.
16.About Non-Smoking Rules on the Property and Inside of the Building
Due to the Health Promotion Act No. 25, one cannot smoke on public facilities such as hospitals, schools, government buildings and other public spaces that are used by many people.Our hospital also follows the Health Promotion Act. As being a medical institution, we must be a public facility that is mindful of health and have an obligation of protecting people's health. Thus, we ban smoking anywhere in the building and the area of the hospital.Furthermore, please be advised that in case patients are found smoking in the building and/or on the hospital property during their hospitalization, they may be asked to leave the hospital.
- Consumption of alcohol is prohibited during hospitalization.
- Smoking is prohibited in the area and inside the facility. Please refrain from smoking.
- Because patients will be living together, please refrain from actions that would cause inconvenience to other patients.
- Patients may be asked to leave the hospital when they are judged unsuitable for life in the hospital. Actions such as leaving and staying overnight outside of the hospital without permission, consuming alcohol, and causing inconvenience to other patients could be the reasons for discharge.
- In case of emergency situations, such as natural disasters (fire and earthquake), please stay calm and follow the direction of nurses and other hospital staff.
- Generally, food and drinks cannot be brought in. However, in some cases, it is allowed with the permission of the doctor. Also, please refrain from giving away food and drinks to other patients since there are patients who are undergoing dietary therapy.
- Please note that in some cases when patients damage or lose facility/rental equipments, they may be charged for the damages.
- Please understand that we do not accept any gifts from the patients.